Friday, October 9, 2026

Free Speech Rights

Well friends, I received a cease and desist letter this week, from an individual, not as an official action of my organization, but I have decided that to lessen pressure on my life, going forward I will double down on my duty of care for that organization and make sure that everything I write does not include name or title.

I honor free speech above a lot of things, and at this time in the big world, I would never give up my free speech rights for any reason. I hold those close to my heart as a human, and in fact, they are my human rights. But my duty of care has driven my professional life with this organization for 51 years and it is so very important to me. I have never desired to hurt the organization and as I've said many times, I do not want to fault volunteers who are doing their best.

While I did not receive any direct or professional communications from the organization at this point in time, I am drawing this line here as notice that they don't need to take any actions to limit me.

I'm still writing personal nonfiction on this tiny space of the internet and I will still be writing. You may not agree with my opinions but facts are facts and truth is truth. 

Rising to the moment is often difficult and we are in such a fractious atmosphere in this world. I want to make it clear that duty of care for all four of my membership organizations is vital to me. I also care deeply for my peace and my ability to finish out my life span in positive ways, as I have always tried to live. 

You can disregard my opinions, but there are no alternative facts. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.