I took a break from posting here to write in some other places as things for me at the market just continue to get worse. It's astonishing to me that after giving and giving for 51 years, my experience and expertise is a target for destruction by a very few individuals who are willing to treat my productive life as something they can and will destroy as a game.
Harsh reality that a lot of people would like to dismiss and blame the victim for bringing it up. Refusal to recognize the patterns of a toxic narcissist doesn't prevent the damage and so much has been lost that most people don't even believe it was different not very long ago. It's tragic that so many members do not even know what good management and promotions would look like. I implore you to go look at the 2019 archives if you want to see some ways that the market could be thriving instead of fracturing itself with constant loss. They're in the office and you can see just what professional management frees up and makes whole without the need for coercion and silencing dissent.
For new readers, maybe come speak with me in person going forward, as I'm tired to my core of experiencing these patterns and being tossed about as if I were a toy. Refusing to engage is bringing me the needed strength to weather this era and we'll see how my future unfolds.
The moment I drove onto the OCF site I started smiling and didn't stop for over a week. I was seen there, as my real self, the person who gives and supports and brings skills and knowledge that are needed and appreciated. I had so many wonderful interactions and reaffirmed that my life is awesome and I am so content and strongly aging and ready for all the challenges. I did something new and gave 10% to the JHVF to suppport the five nonprofits that will be funded, including the Kareng Fund, whose Board I sit on as Secretary. It made me happy to share that much, and know that it will be effective for a large number of recipients. True community comes when we work together and honor each other, working for the best we can imagine and do. That is how I used to feel about the market before it was captured by the current predators.
Still digging out from the dusty stuff and organizing things I dropped to be ready for the week in the woods. It was worth the work. I do hope to slow down and enjoy the waning summer a lot more in the next months.
Sorry to the loyal readers who want to see things revealed here. Maybe I'll mount up again at some point. You can still carry on with your own observations and efforts to protect and restore what the community has built and still treasures. Some of it cannot be destroyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.