Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Banned!

 Apparently. Still not completely clear. But presumably, if I sell them, my selling rights can be suspended immediately. Read your handbooks, people.

My arguments that they did not violate the text guideline were not responded to. I designed the Eugene and Oregon lettering myself, so those do not violate it, and I was not told if they are included in the ban or not, which I believe was limited to hats with one word on them. Not sure though! Did not get to see the complaint or even what it actually said. Even the Committee does not see the complaints, which have been declared confidential, in a new bending of our norms. So committee members are not allowed to talk to me about the actions, either. 

The retail value of my inventory of these five hats is $4000, sitting in my shop.  

The guideline reads: Text-Only Craft Items: Craft items whose decoration is text only may only be sold if the text is applied by the member using a craft technique and the text has been significantly enhanced by the member.
Text only work must be approved at a full committee meeting, not a Standards screening. 

I use several craft techniques to make my hats, as I over-explained to the committee in a letter in July. 

These hats were approved decades ago, in a decision that extended explicitly for the life of my continuous membership. Long before the text-only guideline was written. I'm still a member.

But their decisions are final, whatever they are.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.